2011 is about to come to an end.
My my my…2011 was a great and challenging year.
Looking back, 2011 passed in a blink of an eye. This year was challenging. This year was exciting. This year held adventure.
I feared 2011. Last year, as the ball dropped, my heart raced because I didn’t want 2011 to come.
Everything scared me. I am not one for change. I do not LIKE change. I like schedule, routine, and habit.
But 2011 was different then all that, because 2011 showed that I was not in control of my life, but that God was.
And man, I learned a lot, did a lot, figured out a lot, went through a lot… and these are only 50 of the many many things I learned/did in 2011.
They’re not my Top 50, but just a few of the things I can remember that impacted my life and my memory of 2011.
So, here’s to the future and here’s to the past. Life is a gift, that’s why they call it the present.
50 Things I Learned/Did in 2011
1. I grew…haha sike, I didn’t grow.
2. I graduated high school with a 4.0
3. I graduated high school with honors
4. I competed and won in a small ensemble competition
5. I went to Disney World
6. I conquered my fear of insane roller coasters
7. Instead, I adapted a love and an addiction for roller coasters…preferably insane ones
8. I met Jack Sparrow (not Johnny Depp)
9. I went the whole year as a raven, instead of a brunette
10. I realized what it meant to be a raven.
11. I checked a few things off my bucket list (see bucket list to find out which things)
12. I drove to the mall for the first time. (lame, but true)
13. I learned who my true friends were
14. I learned how to play ukulele (a little bit)
15. I read over 60 books
16. I developed a deeper passion for photographing people, instead of just landscapes
17. I stepped out of my comfort zone
18. I was accepted into my first choice college
19. I didn’t fail OUT of college :]
20. I received a 3.5 GPA for my fall semester of freshman year
21. This means I made the Dean’s List (bucket list!)
22. I met challenges and defeated them
23. I learned what it felt like to be ridiculed for what you believe
24. I learned to grow a backbone with a few people
25. I learned how to be patient and loving to others
26. I learned that I never ever want to be a professional dog sitter
27. I learned that I never ever want to work for Hallmark
28. I realized how much I love playing piano in front of people
29. I realized that in order to have friends, you have to be the friend.
30. I got texting!!
31. I became even more of a Starbucks addict
32. Final exams will always require more caffeine…always
33. It is possible to succeed in impossible classes
34. It is possible to speak for 15 minutes in French
35. It is possible to NOT GAIN the freshman 15 :]
36. I understood the value of this quote: Let your faith be bigger than your fear
37. This became my motto: Don’t let anyone tell you you can’t do something, because with God, anything is possible.
38. Sometimes, keeping your mouth shut is not always the best thing to do.
39. I shot a gun for the first time ever (22 beretta) and hit the bull’s eye
40. I got acrylics for the first time ever
41. I aced College Public Speaking and English
42. I saw Switchfoot live
43. I saw U2 live
44. I learned that Coldplay tickets sell out in 10 minutes
45. I became a Twitter freak
46. I realized that I blog about everything and most people don’t even care about it
47. I fell in love with my planner
48. I strengthened my back with my 15 lb back pack
49. I discovered that I love green peppers
50. And in all these things, one single thing was found in all of them: I learned and saw through every action I took that God always has a bigger plan and purpose for your life. Sometimes, it may not seem like it. It may seem like God is no where to be found, but every mountain you climb is really just a stepping stone, because with God, all things are possible.